The phrase ‘DISCOVER AND GROW, TOGETHER’ sums up the school values described in our 'FIVE KEY BELIEFS' it underpins our approach to everything we do, whatever the specific lesson or teaching and learning environment.
In short, ‘Discover and Grow, Together’ is a statement of intent and aspiration... and defines how we work with children.
Discover – find out, become aware of, research, investigate, search for, solve, invent.
Learning is a journey of discovery about the world around us, and discovering about ourselves. An interest in the world around us is central to this sense of discovery.
We seek to instil this sense of discovery, to enable each and every pupil to grow academically, emotionally and socially.
Our ‘Five Key Beliefs’
1. Being a reader and writer, with the skills needed to communicate effectively,access their learning and building confidence to live an independent life with a love for the written word.
2. Being numerate, with the key skills to apply within our everyday lives and thus building confidence to live an independent life. Mathematics is fun too!
3. Enjoying learning, through creativity, discovery and firsthand experiences making learning real, meaningful and relevant.
4. Celebration of achievements - because children make more progress in their learning when they feel confident, rise to challenges... and feel positive about what they can achieve in the future.
5. The best environment for learning - because all children deserve to learn in a safe yet challenging environment which allows them to make mistakes and learn from them. This, in turn, enables them to build strong, positive relationships and grow into well-rounded independent and proud learners.